[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Get Request problems with Seam 2 CR1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 12:38:53 EDT 2007

Ok, I have it working now but a few things seem rather odd about what I am doing and why it is working.

I changed pages.xml to this

    <page view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  |     		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |     	<begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="serviceRequestCreation"/>
  |     </page>
  |

  |     <page view-id="/addressrequestlisting.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  |     		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |     	<begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="serviceRequestCreation"/>
  |     	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  |     </page>

And added the redirect back into the pageflow

    <page name="serviceRequestListing" view-id="/addressrequestlisting.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |         <transition name="viewServiceRequest" to="serviceRequest"/>
  |     </page>
  |
  |     <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |  		<redirect/>
  |         <transition name="viewAssignments" to="assignmentListing"/>
  |     </page>

Now a few things strike me as odd

1.  When I hover the mouse over this link
<s:link action="viewServiceRequest"
  | 	value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  | 	<f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

the browser is displaying
http://localhost:8080/srms/addressrequestlisting.seam?serviceRequestId=1&dataModelSelection=&actionOutcome=viewServiceRequest&cid=5

in the status bar instead of http://localhost:8080/srms/servicerequest.seam......
since that is where the pageflow is pointing.

2.  When I go directly to
http://localhost:8080/srms/servicerequest.seam?serviceRequestId=1
#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestId)} is called eventhough I have removed the action it was defined in from pages.xml where servicerequest.xhml is defined.  I have no idea how Seam knows to call this method especially since its NOT annotated using @Factory or @Create

It seems there is some magic going on somewhere that I can't seem to lay a handle on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088058#4088058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088058