[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Target Unreachable

saeediqbal1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 23:31:27 EDT 2007

I am getting this exception
Exception during request processing: javax.servlet.ServletException: /createTicket.xhtml @29,71 value="#{createTicket.tickets.subject}": Target Unreachable, 'tickets' returned null

tickets is an entity bean as defined like this

@Entity
  | @Name("tickets")
  | @Table(name = "tickets", catalog = "test")
  | public class Tickets implements java.io.Serializable {

and the JSF form has this value

    <h:inputText id="subject" required="true"
  |                              value="#{createTicket.tickets.subject}"/>

and my action object in java has this

@Stateful
  | @Name("createTicket")
  | public class CreateTicketBean implements CreateTicket {
  |
  |     @In EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |     @In(required=false)
  |     @Out(required=false)
  |     private Tickets tickets;

How do i make sure the values get passed from JSF to the backing bean ? What am i missing here?

In regular generated code, we have forms that access entityhome using .instance, but i dont see that type of usage in examples so i am kind of confused.

please help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088248#4088248

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088248