[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: left tree - explorer like application

schmod54 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 08:38:22 EDT 2007

I tried making a windows-explorer tree using a richfaces:tree...  At first I tried storing my tree state in conversation context, but then I had bugs because the richfaces tree would not always pass the correct conversation context when clicking on nodes.  So then I stored my tree state in the session... but then I got LazyInitializationExceptions.  So then I tried using the unseamly approach of using a session-scoped entityManager.  But then I had various of other bugs with the tree, and it was really slow... so then I got rid of it and decided to display my tree structure using regular html links.  No bugs, and much faster.  This was with richfaces 3.0.1 though... I saw that they made improvements in 3.1.0 (like recursiveTreeNodeAdapter) but my experience with with the 3.0.1 was so buggy and slow I don't want to try it again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088388#4088388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088388