[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Small Seam code optimization suggestion

ylazzari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 08:54:57 EDT 2007

Well, for #2, perhaps a little bit more context is needed to illustrate what I want to achieve.

In the project that I'm working on, we adopted a design where Seam is used for presentation logic only and runs on a separate server ("presentation server") than the one where all business logic and database interactions take place ("business server").  Every time we need to read/write to the database, a remote session bean deployed on the business server is invoked.  The data that circulates between the 2 servers are "neutral" classes, not entity beans.  Our presentation has no persistence context configured.  Our controllers are stateful session beans on which we disabled transaction management (with @TransactionAttribute(value = TransactionAttributeType.NEVER))  because all the transactions are handled by the business server and proper exception handling is performed on the presentation side when something goes wrong.

If you are wondering why we chose this particular design, I could go on about it for a while but I don't think this is the place :)  Anyways, my point is that I think we have a scenario where Seam doesn't need to know about transactions whatsoever and I was hoping there would the possibility to completely turn them off.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088395#4088395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088395