[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: slink join and conversationID

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 10:32:49 EDT 2007

"vanyatka" wrote : When I link a page to itself with s:link propagation="begin", then a new long-running conversation is created, but it has the different conversationID to the original one

If by the original one you mean the conversation that existed on the last page rendering, this behavior is expected.  This is because as I said, Seam creates a temporary conversation on each request that only exists for the duration of the request.  So, once the response is rendered, unless that conversation has been promoted to long-running, it will no longer be maintained (which is why you are seeing this behavior).  The conversationId you are seeing in the outputText is gone (unless it was promoted).

On the next request (s:link propagation="begin") another temporary conversation is created (with the new id) and this conversation is promoted to long-running.  It sounds like you should begin the long-running conversation the first time the page is accessed if you want to carry the SMPC.  This can be accomplished in several ways:  @Begin, through pages.xml action, etc.

I hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088434#4088434

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088434