[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: howSwap in JBoss Application Server

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 09:15:38 EDT 2007

Hi!

To run JBoss AOP in hotswap mode, you need to pass the -hotSwap option to the jdk50 agent:

$ java -cp=<classpath as described above> -Djboss.aop.path=<path to jboss-aop.xml> \
  | 		-javaagent:jboss-aop-jdk50.jar=-hotSwap com.blah.MyMainClass

To see more on this, refer to the Reference Manual, item 11.2.3 (HotSwap)

However, we don't advise the usage of this feature since we have some issues with the jvm that need to be solved.

Fortunately, hotswap is not the only way to interweave aspects into already loaded classes. You can do this using anyone of the weaving modes. You just need to follow the dynamicAOP example of our tutorial. Notice that this example should work on all modes, including loadtime weaving with hotswap enabled.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088835#4088835

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088835