[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: POJO Cache as singleton?

BruceSpringfield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 10:12:35 EDT 2007

"jacobeukes" wrote : Hi Bruce. Will it be possible to tell me if you've found a solution to your question ?

In my case, there wasn't a need to use a singleton since when the cache is deployed as a service, every time I accessed the cache, I was accessing the Mbean.

"jacobeukes" wrote :
  | I am having a problem which seems related to what you are asking. I want to access a JBossCache instance from several places in the same application, but am unable to do so.

You might try to deploy it as an Mbean service.

"jacobeukes" wrote :
  | I would have thought that JBossCache would have a single instance of the cache and manage it "behind the scenes" .. so that the same cache can be accessed from anywhere in the JVM.

That's my experience with it.

"jacobeukes" wrote :
  | Am I correct in my assumption that this kind of functionality is not supported and that a developer will have to build it in him/herself by using a singleton or some other related solution ?

No.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088866#4088866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088866