[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Map lazily loaded. Are the keys that it is mapping availabl

calidoggg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 12:10:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using maps to represent a one-to-many relationship in our entity, using EJB 3.0 along with Java Persistence:

 @OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "patientID")
  |     private Map<Integer, OrderTable> orderTableCollection;

This is a snippet of my Patient entity, which has a one to many relationship with my OrderTable entity.

I am going to be detaching this entity from the J2EE/JBoss server. Since this is a oneToMany relationship the Map is lazily loaded by default (this is the behavior that I want, I DO NOT want to eagerly load it); does this mean the Map might not be instantiated? Or will the Map be instantiated with the proper OrderTable keys but not the corresponding OrderTable entity values?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088921#4088921

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088921