[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - How to isolate my class from the lib jar

alessandro_rizzi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 13:32:22 EDT 2007

Problem: I need to use an old version of Hibernate3.jar but in JBoss 4.0.4 there is a new version that I do not want

Solution 1: delete Hibernate3.jar from \lib folder. Works, but it's so ugly.

I've tried to add in my jboss-app.xml:

  <loader-repository>
  	jboss.test:loader=my.ear
  	<loader-repository-config>
  		java2ParentDelegation=true
     	</loader-repository-config>
  </loader-repository>

But, nothing changes, I see that \lib jar are seen before mine. (I've made a test class with same name but different behaviour in the \lib folder and in my ear folders and I see the \lib one)
If I write java2ParentDelegation=true ... JBoss do not start at all, because during deploy of my.ear I need, of course, some of the \lib jars of JBoss.

My .ear is somehow "strange" because I do have many subfolders and the path of them is written in the jboss-service.xml of the .sar (inside .ear), using the classpath tag.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Regards
Alessandro Rizzi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088959#4088959