[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: left tree - explorer like application

dustismo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 13:55:45 EDT 2007

I have an extremely similar situation in my app.  I have a large tree structure that is displayed on every page.  The tree can have arbitrary numbers of nodes so lazy loading is must.

I needed to be able to do drag-n-drop to move nodes and folders.  I first tried icefaces but had to give up because of their drag and drop support was pitiful (it had no way to add javascript hooks for things like confirm dialogs --i.e. 'are you sure you want to move this node?').  Then I tried Richfaces, god was that a nightmare.  Their tree datastructure is truly bazaar and I found the performance to be horrendous.  I basically wasted 4 months on icefaces and richfaces (though it's possible that their implementations have gotten better in recent versions).

Then I tried ext.js and just passed my treenodes via json from a servlet.  This solution has been perfect.  Tree response is very fast, and I can control the drag and drop operations any way I want (plus their dnd implementation is designed to handle many many nodes).

my 2 cents..

dustin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088970#4088970

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088970