[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: boolean types mapped to bit in MySQL 5 not working with

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 15:46:45 EDT 2007

As dustismo says, you can represent booleans as tinyint(1) in mysql, which is more readable with browsers, I've found.  But you have to specify the columnDefinition attribute of @Column (if you're using hibernate's schema creation coolness), and so you might loose some portability.  It'd probably be better to specify it in an orm.xml file.

I haven't done this yet (I'm using the default bits); but I think I will at some point.

If anyone else has found a great way to work with booleans, please chime in.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089024#4089024

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089024