[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Trinidad Support?

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 19:21:52 EDT 2007

Well I can't say anything about Trinidad and RichFaces together, but even only Trinidad with Seam is quite tricky.
If you are using the 1.2.x branch with facelets, then you need to build facelets from VCS to make seam's validation work, because it needed a bug fix in facelets.

If you try to use Trinidad with JSF 1.2 RI, then again you need to build JSF from VCS because again validation will not work without a very recent change in the RI.

If OTOH you use Trinidad with MyFaces, then you cannot use server-side state saving, because Seam seems to trigger a bug in MyFaces' client-side state saving.

Additionally quite a couple of smaller issues make using Trinidad less than pleasurable for me.

Can you recommend RichFaces for my next project?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089105#4089105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089105