[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems with HtmlSelectOneListBox and EntityConverter added

Neiti01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 05:47:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

I try to add a SelectOneListbox, which uses the Seam EntityConverter, dynamically in a method of a EJB-Stateful-Session-Bean with the following code:
HtmlSelectOneListbox headerHersteller2 = new HtmlSelectOneListbox();
  | headerHersteller2.setId("edit_headerHersteller2");
  | headerHersteller2.setSize(5);
  | HtmlSelectItems headerFirmenItems = new HtmlSelectItems();
  | ValueBinding vb = context.getApplication().createValueBinding("#{logins.firmenItems}");
  | headerFirmenItems.setValueBinding("value", vb);
  | headerFirmenItems.setVar("firma");
  | headerFirmenItems.setValueBinding("label", context.getApplication().createValueBinding("#{firma.namen}"));
  | headerHersteller2.getChildren().add(headerFirmenItems);
  | headerHersteller2.setConverter(context.getApplication().createConverter("org.jboss.seam.ui.EntityConverter"));
  | headerHersteller2.setValueBinding("value", context.getApplication().createValueBinding("#{logins.umgebung.solution.firma}"));

The SelectOneListbox is added with the items as expected but there is no option preselected even tough the corresponding value for the ValueBinding #{logins.umgebung.solution.firma} is containing an object.

I read through the FAQ of the Entity-Converter and marked the method adding the Listboxm with the @Begin-Annotation to ensure Seam is in a long-running conversation.

Is there another setter i need to call on either the HtmlSelectOneListBox or the HtmlSelectItems (maybe the setValue()) ?

I am using JBoss-4.2.1.GA and Seam-2.0.0.CR1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Markus Neubrand

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089225#4089225