[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Pageflows with RESTful URLs

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 17:51:45 EDT 2007

Has anyone tried using these two together?  I can't seem to get parameters to propagate across redirects when in a pageflow.  If I try to forgo the transition in the pageflow and point an s:link directly to the page using the view property, I get "Illegal Naviation" errors.

pageflow.jpdl.xml
<start-page name="addressSearch" view-id="/addresslookup.xhtml">
  | 	<transition name="viewServiceRequests" to="serviceRequestListing">
  |     		<action expression="#{addressLocator.viewServiceRequests}"/>
  | 	</transition>
  | 	<transition name="viewServiceRequest" to="serviceRequest"/>
  | </start-page>
  |
  | <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  | 	back="enabled">
  | 	<redirect/>
  | 	<transition name="viewAssignments" to="assignmentListing"/>
  | </page>

I get the same behavior even when I remove the redirect.

pages.xml
<page view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml">
  | 	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  | 		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  | 	<begin-conversation join="true"/>
  | 	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  | </page>

This link is not propagating the serviceRequestId parameter, only the conversation id

  | <s:link action="viewServiceRequest"
  | 	value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  | 	<f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

This link gives me an "Illegal Navigation" error message inserted into FacesMessages
<s:link view="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  | 	value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  | 	<f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

What the heck am i doing wrong?

I am running Seam 2 CR1 with RichFaces 3.1.1 Snapshot from 9-24-2007

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089506#4089506

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089506