[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Security: Better support for single sign on?!

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 18:43:04 EDT 2007

Hello,

I want to chime in with a friendly reminder regarding this task http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-967 (which if you search the forum, shane, you'll find that you offered to add this if I posted a JIRA issue).   Anyway, by the time the Seam  web-app gets to process the request, the user is already authenticated and authorized by the SSO system + Tomcat Realm.   What I really need is a way to have my authenticator's authenticate method invoked without redirecting to a login page.  Rather, it would be nice if (maybe) there was a special event that you could assign to call the authenticate method in components.xml.

I am using the CAS SSO system  http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/ for SSO authentication - I used one of the CAS client code packages and wrote a Tomcat Realm + Valve implementation.  If we use servlet security directly, this works great - we'ld like to use Seam security.

Any help / discussion about this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad Smith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089513#4089513

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089513