[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Messages are moved to expiry queue only when there is a

julians37 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 21:06:53 EDT 2007

Hi Hendra,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't get it to work, my messages seem to get stuck in the dummy MessageConsumer (even though I never call receive() on it). I tried with and without transactions and with all kinds of acknowledgement but no go...

I also don't see how it could work, doesn't a MessageConsumer have an internal buffer where it stores incoming messages - otherwise, how could MessageConsumer.receiveNoWait() ever return a message?

Maybe it's the way you set up your Connection or your Session, would you mind sending over your code?

Any chance that a JBM developer could chime in and let me briefly know whether this is actually meant to work? If it's meant to be that straightforward, why the discussion about queue reapers and scalability?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089533#4089533

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089533