[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBOSS startup on W2000 SP4 : getnameinfo entry point not fou

olvin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 03:50:06 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have this message on Win2000 SP4 server on startup :
"The procedure entry point getnameinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"
but I have no problem with my web application.

I know that this is because this entry point was added on WinXP and Win2003.
I have already add this option to the JVM on the startup of JBoss :
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
but the error message is still there on startup...

So, how can I avoid this message appearing because it's blocking the startup (messagebox and I must press OK...) :
- another option to the JVM to avoiding using IPV6 ?
- another option to JBoss startup to ignoring this error ?
- to disable some things on JBoss config ?

Thanks.

Olv

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089577#4089577

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089577