[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: problem creating a new tomcat authentication method

antoniofer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 07:33:04 EDT 2007

I think we're talking about different topics. Let me explain a bit more...

A LoginModule seems to manage user identity and credentials once collected, but doesn't allow to control how you collect them. This is what we want to control and so we need to create a new Tomcat Authenticator (You know there are different authentication methods available in JBoss: BASIC, FORM, CLIENT-CERT, DIGEST). We are following the next procedure:

- Create a class extending AuthenticatorBase
- Register it in Authenticator.properties
- Modify web.xml of the web application adding the line (amongst others, of course):
        <auth-method>CUSTOM</auth-method>

At this point is where we get the error described previously. Do you know what can be causing it?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089654#4089654

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089654