[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

shilpak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 07:37:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

      I am using jboss portal 2.6.0 bundle version. I made the changes in jboss-service.xml to use ldap server as storage. And in login-config.xml I uncommented SynchronizingLoginModule module. So i will be using SynchronizingLoginModule and IdentityLoginModule for authentication.

I started the server. I am able to add users from ldap browser and its reflecting in application. And also i am able to add users through application and albe to see in ldap browser. But when i stop ldap server, i still should be able to login with old and new user accouts right, as i have used synchronizingLoginModule, It would have synchronised ldap users with the db? Is not SynchronizingLoginModule does not work?

If I stop ldap server, and restart the application, I am not able login with any credentials. If i modify jboss-service.xml, to use db as storage, then I am able to login with old users, But not with new users which I added though ldap.

Whats the use of SynchronizingLoginModule then?

Hope I am clear in explaining my problem.

Thanks in advance
Shilpa

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089657#4089657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089657