[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Is this a JBP 2.6.1 bug? (403 Error From Dashboard Link)

NM-156 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 09:50:27 EDT 2007

That is exactly what I am researching now. If I use form based authentication to the portal, everything works fine because IdentityLoginModule AND my custom JAAS LoginModule are activated.

But now, I am trying to implement a Tomcat valve so that I will be able to bypass the portal login form altogether (my valve class extends org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn). When I add the roles and user principal to the request (inside of the valve), I am sent to the portal, and everything works fine except the dashboard link again (403 error ;). That is because, as you said, the login module call sequence in the context of form based login, appears to be providing something that my valve code is not. In the context of the execution of my valve, whatever the IdentityLoginModule (apparently) appears to be providing to enable the Dashboard is now missing again.

If any of the JBoss developers could provide some insight about what is required to enable the Dashboard link (programmatically or via configuration), that would be a great. I know that Sohil talked about the exact valve scenario that I am referring to here:

http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115399&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089702#4089702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089702