[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How does seam determine web client's context default 1st pag

roxello do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 29 09:20:11 EDT 2007

Hello -

I've been working with facelets examples from the JBoss Seam book
using JBoss 4.0.5 w/ ejb, seam 1.2.1, java 1.5_10. Its time to write
an app of my own, but I have not been able to figure out how to
configure the 1st page served.

So for example if the context is 'booking' and the browser url is
entered as:
 anonymous wrote : http://localhost:8080/booking

jboss/seam will return home.xhtml as
 anonymous wrote : http://localhost:8080/booking/home.seam

If browser url is entered as
 anonymous wrote : http://localhost:8080/booking/index.html
I can specify any page I want in the index.html Refresh.
Similarly can specify any page using <to-view-id> in navigation.xml,
but this requires a page already rendered in the browser.

I've repeatedly trawled files in the resouces directory and elsewhere
without finding what I think I am looking for. There is no initial client
generated outcome, while no session bean method returns 'home',
so how does it work?

Behaviour is the same for other examples so this is a generic question.

How can I spec/configure the context default 1st page?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089960#4089960

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089960