[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - [JSF] <s:decorate> and <h:panelGrid> conflict

Yacho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 30 09:24:26 EDT 2007

I got question regarding <s:decorate>
Normally i design my forms in such manner :
<h:panelGrid columns="2">
  | <h:outputText>Login</h:outputText>
  | <h:inputText value="#{newUser.login}"/>
  | </h:panelGrid>
Wich gets Me the layout i want

But when using <s:decorate> im forced to do like so :
<h:panelGrid columns="2">
  | <s:decorate template="../misc/error_facelet.xhtml">
  | <ui:define name="label">Nazwisko</ui:define>
  | <h:inputText value="#{newUser.lastName}"/>
  | </s:decorate>
  | </h:panelGrid>

The Problem with above design is that everything in <s:decorate> is inserted in one cell of a table.
My error_facelet.xhtml is the file straight from docu :
<ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  |                 xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  |                 xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  |                 xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  |                 xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib">
  |         <s:label styleClass="#{invalid?'error':''}">
  |             <ui:insert name="label"/>
  |             <s:span styleClass="required" rendered="#{required}">*</s:span>
  |         </s:label>
  |             <s:validateAll>
  |                 <ui:insert/>
  |             </s:validateAll>
  |         <s:message styleClass="error"/>
  | </ui:composition>

One Thing is the div element wich i should not use (ill erease it and check it out) but my question is :

is <s:decorate> threated as a container (component wise) are all contents of it threated as one element or it just pastes the template without interfering ?
the effect id like to achieve is to have label in one cell - field in the other and do not use separate panelGrid in the template (so i wont generate 2 cell tabel for each field) is it possible ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090029#4090029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090029