[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: question with rollback/redelivery semantics

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 11:01:33 EDT 2008

"rlucente" wrote : I read the JMS spec but I didn't really see the description of a session/message affinity at rollback.

4.4.7:

"... If a transaction rollback is done, its produced messages
are destroyed and its consumed messages are automatically recovered. For more information on session recovery, see Section 4.4.11 ”Message
Acknowledgment.”

And

4.4.11:

"A session’s recover method is used to stop a session and restart it with its first unacknowledged message. *** In effect, the session’s series of delivered messages is reset to the point after its last acknowledged message ***. ..."

anonymous wrote :
  | Regardless, sessions are not thread-safe

True. If you do use a session between multiple threads all sorts of strange things might start to happen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140565#4140565

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140565