[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Code example for a basic parsing deployer

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 2 10:30:39 EDT 2008

OK, so I've got another dumb question but I can't find the answer in the docs, and I don't understand what I'm seeing in the source code.  I'm getting a ClassCastException here:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.cx.remoting.metadata.RemotingMetaData
	at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.xml.BasicXMLDeployer.deploy(BasicXMLDeployer.java:147)
	at org.jboss.cx.remoting.jrpp.EmbeddedBootstrap.deploy(EmbeddedBootstrap.java:21)

Looks like it wants the result of the parsing to be a KernelDeployment instance.  But I'm sure I've seen metadata objects in other projects that don't implement this interface - and besides, I thought that if I implemented BeanMetaDataFactory on my metadata beans that it would use this data somehow to produce KernelDeployments for me?

So... what basic point am I missing now? :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140990#4140990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140990