[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - using HQL editor with JBoss Tools

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 2 23:16:54 EDT 2008

using Eclipse
Version: 3.3.1.1
Build id: M20071023-1652
JBoss Tools plug-in version 2.0.0.GA

according to http://labs.jboss.com/tools/:

anonymous wrote : Hibernate Tools 	 Supporting mapping files, annotations and JPA with reverse engineering, code completion, project wizards, refactoring, interactive HQL/JPA-QL/Criteria execution and more.In short a merger of Hibernate Tools  and Exadel ORM features.

I'm wondering if Hibernate Tools behaves the same way as MyEclipse regarding JPAQL editor.  MyEclipse does not support JPAQL editor so you basically have to add Hibernate capabilities to your Eclipse java project, reverse engineer your entities and foobar.orm.xml files, etc. before you can use the HQL editor.

In many cases, you don't want a Hibernate-capable project; you want a JPA-capable project.  So the current work-around with MyEclipse is to create another project with Hibernate capabilities for HQL editor (testing of your queries) purposes.

How is the situation with Jboss Tools and/or JBoss dev studio (which has JBoss tools as a plugin I'm guessing)?  I don't want to create the Hibernate-specific foobar.orm.xml files for a JPA project.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4141148#4141148

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4141148