[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Listener for CMT commit/rollback

koh@exel.co.uk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 7 11:34:23 EDT 2008

Unfortunately, this solution isn't as straight forward as it may seem.

The problem seems to be, when a transaction is COMMITTED, my notification routine may contain code that calls stateless session bean methods.
This causes problems (at this stage) due to the container thinking the transaction is still alive and the transaction knowing its now inactive. Thus the container doesn't attempt to start a new transaction.
The REQUIRES_NEW gets around this to a certain degree, but I know have the problem if 2 REQUIRES_NEW being attempted.

Does anyone know of any callbacks that can be used which will tell me when the container is done as opposed to just the transaction.

Any help would be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142110#4142110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142110