[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - How to use the RunAs annotation?

rruppel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 7 12:54:40 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have an application that already use the security system.

Now, I want to create a webservice ("Caller") that will inject and call the methods from another EJB ("Executor").

This is how I designed:

  | @Stateless
  | @SecurityDomain("myDomain")
  | @RolesAllowed("ADMIN")
  | class Executor implements IExecutor {
  |
  | void doSomething(){
  |
  | // execute here
  | }
  |
  | }
  |

  | @WebService
  | @Stateless
  | @SecurityDomain("myDomain")
  | @RunAs("ADMIN")
  | class Caller{
  |

  | @EJB private IExecutor executor;
  |
  | @WebMethod
  | void call(){
  | executor.doSomething();
  | }
  |

  | }

but when I try to acess the webmethod it gives an Exception "Authentication failure"

I am using a DatabaseServerLoginModule at login-config.xml

and it is already working if I do this:

Properties props = new Properties();
			props.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, login);
			props.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, pass);
			props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory");
			this.ic = new InitialContext(props);

ic.lookup(beanName);

how can I access the Executor security bean trhough a webservice?

i appreciate any help

thanks,
Rafael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142142#4142142