[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Classloader nightmare and ClassCastException. Isolation wi

tnine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 8 02:59:38 EDT 2008

Hi all,
  I'm running Java 1.5, JBoss AS 4.0.5.  I'm deploying an EJB 2.0 MDB within an EAR.  I want to use a more up to date version of hibernate in my MDB.  I'm getting classloader issues, and I have the following in my EAR's META-INF/jboss-app.xml

  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-app PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD J2EE Application 1.4//EN"
  |          "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-app_4_0.dtd">
  | <jboss-app>
  | 	<loader-repository>
  | 		com.purdueefcu.statements:archive=statements-app-1.0.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT.ear
  | 		<loader-repository-config>
  | 			java2ParentDelegation=false
  | 		</loader-repository-config>
  | 	</loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

It matches the examples on the wiki exactly.

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/ClassLoadingConfiguration

The loader is showing up in the JMX console, however I'm still getting the ClasCastException issues.  I would like to avoid changing the server configuration if possible.  Am I missing something, or is this a bug in 4.0.5?

Thanks,
Todd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142255#4142255

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142255