[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: ClassCastException: $Proxy94 cannot be cast ...

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 9 06:59:30 EDT 2008

"ttrepper" wrote :

  | My question now is how an ear-file is best packed and with which structure?
  |
  | The structure looks similar like this:
  |
  | test (ear)
  |  + testEJB   (holds EJBs)
  |  + testWeb  (holds JSPs)
  |  + testUtil    (holds Helper-Classes and Utils) (needed by web and ejb)
  |  + testComponents  (holds components - only needed by web)
  |
  | What is the best structure to pack the libs (incl. third-party like tomahawk) into the ear? What in ear-web-inf/lib, what in web.jar-web-inf/lib, etc?
  |
  | Thank you very much for the help
  |
  | Thomas

Going by what you describe about your application, this is how the packaging should look like:

  | Test.ear
  |  |
  |  |--- META-INF
  |  |	|
  |  |	|--- application.xml
  |  |	|
  |  |	|--- jboss-app.xml
  |  |
  |  |
  |  |--- lib (This will contain all libraries required by both the ejb and web)
  |  |	|
  |  |	|
  |  |	|--- testUtil.jar
  |  |	|
  |  |	|--- tomahawk.jar
  |  |
  |  |
  |  |--- testEjb.jar
  |  |
  |  |
  |  |--- testWeb.war
  |  |	|
  |  |	|--- WEB-INF
  |  |	|	|
  |  |	|	|---  lib (contains libraries required only by the web)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142672#4142672

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142672