[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: the best way for this kind of assignment?

rsdickerson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 9 10:03:48 EDT 2008

I haven't implemented this yet, but here's what I'm planning to do for this senerio:

Create a servlet or webservice that the external application can access to signal the process execution. The signal that is sent from the external application would match up to one of the defined transitions.

When the external application is called from the process execution, the process id will be passed to it, so when the external app is done it can signal the process execution that called it.

In addition to the signal, I may need to provide for the external application sending a serialized variable map or maybe just a http query string to set process variables. For instance, if the external application generates a file that the process execution will need to know about, I plan to pass the file location back to be set in a process varible.

Does this sound possible?

Scott

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142748#4142748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142748