[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Low performance of jboss in windows server 2003

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 9 11:05:59 EDT 2008

Yes, JBossAS creates a thread for each HTTP connection. You can adjust the maximum number of threads allowed. See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html, look for maxThreads amd acceptCount.

You can set up hundreds of connections in the MySQL connection pool, though in your setup I would recommend perhaps 20-50 connections. JBossAS will establish as many connections as there are simultaneous requests to the database. One way to tell how many connections you need is to allow hundreds of connections, run your test, and use the JMX Console to monitor the number of connections in use. Of course, the more connections you have the more memory MySQL will use. Once you decide on the number of connections, set max-pool-size in your *-ds.xml file, and max_connections in your my.ini file, to the same value.

Because JBossAS and MySQL are on the same virtual machine, you will need to assign more memory to the virtual machine. You should also adjust the MySQL memory settings.

You don't have a desktop system, or even a laptop, that you could try it on? It doesn't have to be running Server 2003, XP would be fine. Even Vista would do in a pinch.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4142793#4142793

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4142793