[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBM clustered connection factory and load balancing

jmesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 10 09:26:47 EDT 2008

"Meyers79" wrote : We have been struggling with this for some time and I am hoping that someone can help shed some light.

  | Currently using the clustered connection factory (load balancing set true) to get a connection and post messages to the messaging nodes, we were expecting to see the messages sent to the queue from the UI nodes to be evenly distributed across both JBM nodes in a round robin fashion.

The load balancing is not a true round robin: the local node is always favored if it can consume messages.
This avoids unnecessary network hops to send the message to another node if it can be consumed locally:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133370

hope it helps,
jeff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143170#4143170