[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Hyperlink not working from CMS html page to another CMS

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 10 12:36:36 EDT 2008

There is a bug in the CMS content editor.

I loaded my CMS content via a zip file - I had edited all of it externally. I created a new portal and page, like you did, and added a cms window to that page, pointing the cms window to by index.html file. I went to that portal page, saw my content, clicked on a link, and the new content showed, just like I expected.  By the way, I looked at the URL for the link and saw this:

http://localhost:8080/portal/auth/portal/portala/page1/cms1?action=2&uri=%2Fxxx%2Ftwo.html

Then I edited index.html, making a copy of the link to two.html. And now neither link works! When I click on the link, I am show the default page of the default portal, with the "JBoss Portal welcome text" CMS content being replaced by the contents of two.html.  I checked the URL for the link and it is now:

http://localhost:8080/portal/content/book/two.html

So my recommendation is to create your CMS content externally and load it into CMS, and avoid the editor!

Julien, Thomas, Prabhat, is this a know problem? If not, I'll open a JIRA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143247#4143247

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143247