[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Expected release of JBossAS-5.0.0.GA?

sumitsu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 10 15:31:51 EDT 2008

I was curious as to whether there is an approximate expected release date of the stable revision of the 5.0 JBoss AS.

The reason I ask is that my team is planning to upgrade our existing JBoss 4.0.2 installations in the near future.  We would prefer to make the jump to 5.0, but there will be some significant investment in re-testing our applications and in self-training in advance of an upgrade (regardless of which version we go to), so it would not be worth doing that preparation for JBoss 5 if deadlines end up forcing us to go with 4.2.2 anyway.

In early November 2007, Dimitris Andreadis forecast 5.0 GA to be released in February of this year (assuming that the poster there is, in fact, Dimitris Andreadis) -- is there a revised expectation now?  I understand from the JBoss AS JIRA  that issues are still currently being worked out in the Candidate Release.

Thanks in advance for any information.  Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this inquiry.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143294#4143294

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143294