[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: newbie - how to set parent state from child fork flow

nathancoast do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 13 14:33:52 EDT 2008

I've had a look at the MultiChoiceForkAH but unfortunately can't see how this helps me modify the parent status based on a the outcome of a child (forked) task.

>From the code, I see how to programatically create new child threads of execution (tokens) - one for each approver.  Thanks for that.

The piece of the jigsaw I'm missing is how to "succeed" the entire workflow only if all child flows "approve", and "fail" if a single child flow "rejects".  In addition, when there is a single reject, all other pending approval tasks should be canceled (is this delete).

Still very confused.  Unsure if best solution is to create a single state node with multiple task nodes or to create multiple forked child nodes each with a single task node.

thanks,
Nathan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143730#4143730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143730