[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Resource adaptor and clustered connection factories (wit

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 08:24:56 EDT 2008

The JMS RA in Jboss basically pools the JmsSession which is of type javax.jms.Session . If this JMSSession is associted with the clustered ConnecitonFactory then the invocation from this session object would be delegated to appropriate ConnectionFactory
anonymous wrote : JBoss Messaging has "connection load balancing" - this means that if you use a connection factory with the attribute "supportsLoadBalancing" set to true, then subsequent create connection attempts will be made on different nodes of the cluster in a round robin fashion, the first node is chosen randomly.

  | This gives an even distribution of connections across the cluster.
This is explained here
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133370

As per my understanding the load-balancing should basically be controlled by the configured ConnectionFactory in jms-ds.xml file .
<attribute name="FactoryRef">java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
So if this reference points to the clustered CF I understand the load balanding should work .

BTW , there is failover feature can that can be configured in datasource descriptor , this is not possible with jms and it does not provide the load balancing feature
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossJCADatabaseFailover

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144210#4144210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144210