[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 12:11:53 EDT 2008

JCA is to be used internally on the application server.

If you have external clients, why do you need the JCA adapter, why you can't just use ClusteredXAConnectionFactory from the client side?

       anonymous wrote : java.naming.provider.url=jnp://devapp2.qa.cin.int:1100,jnp://devapp1.qa.cin.int:1100

I'm not sure what this is doing.. please ask it on the JCA forum or look for some documentation.

But I believe you messing up with the JCA's load balance and the JBossMessaging load balancing. i.e. you are making up a big mess.

The ClsuteredXAConnectionFactory already has a load balancing, and you are putting another load balancing in top of that on this new JCA adapter you're creating.

Usually, we prefer to have MDBs aways connecting to the local queue (there is no point on doing a cluster round trip if there is a consumer available on the current node), and then relay on message redistribution if a server is too busy.

You should clear up this!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144275#4144275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144275