[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Seam Generate Entities crashes

redbird do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 14:52:20 EDT 2008

When I tried to do a new/Seam Generate Entities, I got the following error:

Can't generate seam entities
  org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Could not load JPA Configuration
  Could not load JPA Configuration
    org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Could not load JPA Configuration
    Could not load JPA Configuration
    org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Could not create JPA based Configuration
    Could not create JPA based Configuration
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: <no message>
    javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to visit JAR file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes. Cause: Illegal character in path at index 18: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to visit JAR file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes. Cause: Illegal character in path at index 18: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to visit JAR file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes. Cause: Illegal character in path at index 18: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes
    Unable to visit JAR file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes. Cause: Illegal character in path at index 18: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Pat/My Documents/eclipse workspaces/MySeamProject2-ejb/build/classes

>From first glance, it appears that it cannot handle spaces in the filename.  Can anybody verify this?

I'm about out of patience.  I've been trying to get a simple seam app going for two weeks, without any success.  I may give it a couple more days, but I'm not very hopeful.  Nothing seems to work in my environment.  I'll probably go back to MyEclipse.  I had a lot better luck with them.

I really wanted Seam to work.  It looked so cool on the surface.  Alas, I have spent two week fighting the tools and the environment, and accomplished nothing.  Perhaps I'll revisit in 6 months.  Hopefully things will be better then.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144320#4144320

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144320