[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 16 09:27:20 EDT 2008

Clearly I have been having some serious misunderstandings on how this works.

1.  My clients use the JCA adapter because we develop on windows machines that can run a windows only conversion library, so the "ConversionJMSProvider" is defined to connect to localhost on our machines and to connect to a cluster on the deployment environment.  Our deployment environment has only the conversion service running on a windows JBoss, which connects to a cluster of linux JBoss AS.  I thought this was the way to do that.

2. anonymous wrote : java.naming.provider.url=jnp://devapp2.qa.cin.int:1100,jnp://devapp1.qa.cin.int:1100

I was under the (mis) understanding that this was how you specified the servers in the cluster.  We were initially having issues with discovery.  I think that it was related to firewall settings or something.

3.  I (mistakenly, apparently) thought that a producer that uses the ClusteredConnectionFactory would round robin the messages as they were posted.  We have a service that runs as a singleton that produces messages and we want them to be round-robined to the consumers running on each node.  It seemed reasonable to me.

After running a series of tests I see that virtually all of my assumptions were ass-backward.  Time to rethink my strategy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144479#4144479

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144479