[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Referencing JSF components from Javascript in JPDL forms

luiseterc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 16 13:04:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have modified a xhtml task form generated by the Graphical designer plugin in order to add a combobox component:

  |       <h:selectOneMenu onchange="updateTopic(this);" id="topicCombo" value="#{ChooseTopicBean.value}" styleClass="combobox">
  |    value="#{ChooseTopicBean.items}"/>
  | 	  </h:selectOneMenu>
  | 	</jbpm:datacell>

and defined apart a JS function called "updateTopic(ref)" which try to change the value of another jsf component when select any of the combobox's options, that is:

  | <h:inputText id="inputTopic" value="#{var['topic']}" />

I don't know how to reference the inputText from my JavaScript function since I've seen from the generated HTML page parsed by the browser that the components/forms IDs are generated dynamically:

  | <input id="j_id197:inputTopic" type="text" name="j_id197:inputTopic" />

So, I'll get an error if I try to reference as "document.getComponentById('inputTopic')".

Where is the "j_id197" id name coming from? Is there any other way to reference jsf components from Javascript?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144579#4144579

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144579