[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: MQ migration help

tnine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 16 19:19:53 EDT 2008

Thanks for the help.  I was able to successfully get everything on the server side running by using the settings below.  Hopefully this will help someone else out who reads this post.  Now I'm hitting another issue.  We use Maven 2 to perform our builds, and my dependencies are no longer valid now that we've migrated to 4.2.2.  I'm trying to use the maven 2jboss repository

http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/

 but I can't seem to find the messaging dependencies with the correct version.  I'm using this doc

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.0.SP3/html/installation.html#inst.remoteclient

 as a guide on what dependencies I need.  Do I need to deploy the artifacts from my application server and the linked URLS to my local repository, or can I find the version somewhere on the repository?

Thanks,
Todd

Steps to migrate DefaultDS to MySQL and set up messaging.

  | * Download the latest MySQL client jar and put it in server/lib
  | * Set up the following in a mysql-ds.xml file, and remove the hsqldb-ds.xml file
  |

  |   | <datasources>
  |   | 	<local-tx-datasource>
  |   | 		<jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>
  |   | 		<connection-url>
  |   | 			jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jboss
  |   | 		</connection-url>
  |   | 		<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |   | 		<user-name>jboss</user-name>
  |   | 		<password>password</password>
  |   | 		<exception-sorter-class-name>
  |   | 			org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter
  |   | 		</exception-sorter-class-name>
  |   | 		<metadata>
  |   | 			<type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
  |   | 		</metadata>
  |   | 		<!-- Required for Messaging to work correctly -->
  |   | 		<transaction-isolation>
  |   | 			TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED
  |   | 		</transaction-isolation>
  |   | 	</local-tx-datasource>