[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - @WebFault and @XmlType issues for Exception classes

yogeshkb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 17 07:05:34 EDT 2008

Hi Team,

I have many webservices with operations throwing a common exception (eg.,  SomeException) across all the services

I tried to annotate the SomeException class using various approaches but failed to generate the client stubs with a common target namespace different from the targetnamespace of the webservice itself.

Approach 1:

Used @XmlType(namespace="common.targetnamespace") in the SomeException class

Approach 2:

Used @WebFault(targetNamespace="common.targetnamespace")

In both the above approaches, the wsconsume generated a separate stub for SomeException class for each webservice in the same targetnamespace of the webservice and not on the specified common.targetnamespace.

My requirement is to generate a single SomeException client stub in the common.targetnamespace.

Pls let me know whether this is a bug or suggest some workarounds.

Regards,
Yogesh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144802#4144802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144802