[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 17 11:26:14 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : I am assuming that by receiver you mean consumer,
yes i do, too many trains of thought, i can't multtask :)
anonymous wrote : The whole point of using queues in a load balanced environment is so that you can have a single work queue (or virtual single queue as in a clustered queue) and be able to scale up your workers to meet the load.

what i am saying is that the JMS specification does not specify anything to do with load balancing, or how messages should be redistributed if multiple consumers are on a queue, see sec5.8. On Jboss Messaging our load balancing is achieved by delivering to different nodes, then each consumer consumes from each node fifo.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144923#4144923

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144923