[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustered server preference

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 18 10:54:58 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : I certainly appreciate your taking the time to participate in this discussion. no problems.

In Jboss Messaging if a single queue has more than one Consumer, we will deliver to the first available. If multiple consumers are registered with the queue(with no message selectors) then we will round robin and send to the next available consumer. If there are no local consumers on the queue then we distribute to another node in the cluster to be consumed.

The problem is that both of your consumers are attached to different nodes, if they were both attached to the same node the load would be shared. Always routing to the local consumer is the most performant way to do this.

So in answer to your question, you would need to use a singleton queue that all your consumers used and use the other node as a backup for fail over.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145170#4145170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145170