[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: j_security_check error 404 (Bump) (Bump)

mcalello do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 18 14:01:10 EDT 2008

Has this issues been resolved?
Someone has to know how to fix this??

We just migrated to 4.2.2GA and are now encountering the same issue.  We already had the caching disabled for our site as well.

One note is that we did end up changing our login form:

>From
<form method="post" action="<%=response.encodeURL("/j_security_check")%>" >

<form method="post" action="<%=response.encodeURL("j_security_check")%>" >

Basically removing the leading slash, since without it were getting a weird
assumption that j_security_check resided within our application context:

http://<domain>/<app>/j_security_check
instead of the appropriate:
http://<domain>/j_security_check

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145218#4145218