[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - request.isUserInRole() returns NULL in Jboss 5, beta 4.

Vellmont do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 21 12:25:43 EDT 2008

I'm experiencing a NPE in Jboss 5 when I try to check the request for a specific role.  Example code below:

			if  (request.isUserInRole("Employee"))
				System.out.println("not employee role");
			else
				System.out.println("employee role");
		}

returns:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossWebRealm.hasRole(JBossWebRealm.java:528)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.isUserInRole(Request.java:2184)

This is through the container performing the authentication.  The same method works fine under Jboss 4.0.3SP1, but migrating to Jboss 5 gives this error.

I know my roles are available, as accessing role information through SecurityAssociation works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm unsure if this is a configuration error, or an error in Jboss 5.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145586#4145586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145586