[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM Exception Hanlding, how to pass the exception objec

syedtaj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 22 11:22:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on this please.

When we get an exception during the jBPM process, an exception handler is invoked. But this exception handler is not aware of the exception that occurred.

I need to capture the error message and the stacktrace.

I am sure everyone will face this problem. Currently I am setting the exception object as a process variable. However to do that, I am forced to put a try catch block in all the action classes and catch Exception like the following (so that all runtime exceptions are also captured)

public class SampleActionHandler implements ActionHandler {

  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) {
  | 		try {
  |
  |                 } catch (Exception e) {
  |                       executionContext.setVariable("Exception", e);
  |                 }
  |         }
  | }

This method is terrible, Does anyone have a better idea?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145905#4145905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145905