[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Doubts about deployment on the server

Marcos_APS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 22 13:03:33 EDT 2008

- JBoss 4.2.2.GA
- Windows Server 2003

Hello, everybody!

I've just developed my first Java web application using JBoss and now I want to make it available on the web. In my develop environment, I accessed the application through:

http://localhost:8080/laboratorioinformatica

and on the server where I intend to deploy it everyone should access it through something like:

http://mydomain.com/laboratorioinformatica

The problem is that I know almost nothing about DNS. The only thing that I know is that the server where I want to deploy the application already is a DNS server and already has an asp application running on port 80, using the IIS Server from Microsoft. I tried to make the JBoss application run on this machine, but the server gives me the message that the port is already in use when it is starting.

I have many doubts in my head about this:

- Do I have to create a new DSN domain in the same server for the application?
- Can I use the same domain used for the asp application for the JBoss
  application?
- What other ports could I use to run my application?
- Do I have to use another server (I really don't think this is necessary)?

I have tried many configurations in the jboss-web.xml and server.xml to make my application use the domain that already exists on the server, but none of them worked. I could just be able to make my application run locally on the server, through the localhost.

I would appreciate your help about my questions a lot.

Thank you very much.

Marcos

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145940#4145940

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145940