[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Problem with Quartz Scheduler Integration (JBoss AS 4.2.2)

aisrael do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 04:33:19 EDT 2008

Hi, all.

I've been trying to follow the example in the docs here:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossejb3/docs/tutorial/jca/inflow/quartz/quartz.html

But am getting an exception when I deploy my EJB (JAR):
2008-04-23 16:15:34,694 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MdbDelegateWrapper] Starting failed jboss.j2ee:jar=ese-engine.jar,name=SyncBatch,service=EJB3
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: MessagingType 'org.quartz.StatefulJob' not found in resource deployment jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jms-ra.rar'
  |         at org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment.createActivationSpec(RARDeployment.java:252)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment.internalInvoke(RARDeployment.java:218)
  |         at org.jboss.system.ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.invoke(ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.java:156)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.JmxClientKernelAbstraction.invoke(JmxClientKernelAbstraction.java:44)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.createActivationSpec(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:285)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.start(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:189)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.startProxies(MessagingContainer.java:190)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.start(MessagingContainer.java:156)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.start(MDB.java:126)

Later on in the logs it also says:2008-04-23 16:15:34,699 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:

I've tried using both org.quartz.Job and org.quartz.StatefulJob to the same effect.

I haven't changed anything in my JBoss installation: quartz-ra.rar is there in server/default/deploy.

I don't know if it matters but I'm building and deploying my project using Eclipse, and I'm compiling against Quartz 1.6.0 (whereas the Quartz version bundled with JBoss AS is 1.5.2 I believe).

Wondering if anyone else has either a) encountered the same problem, or better yet, b) been able to make the JBoss Quartz scheduler integration work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146076#4146076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146076