[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Very Simple Swimlane......help!

francis1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 05:04:12 EDT 2008

Hi all Jbpm users,
I have a simple process with 2 Task. Every Task has the same assignment class (assignment.AssignTask) which needs to know what kind of user is in charge to execute the Task.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <process-definition   xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"   name="Gap">
  |  <swimlane name="buyer" />
  |  <swimlane name="seller" />
  |

  | <start-state name="start">
  | 	<transition to="buyItems"></transition>
  | </start-state>
  |
  | <task-node name="buyItems">
  |
  |     <task name="TaskBuyItems" swimlane="buyer">
  |        <assignment class="assignment.AssignTask" />
  |     </task>
  |       <transition to="sellItems"></transition>
  | </task-node>
  |
  | <task-node name="sellItems">
  |
  |     <task name="TaskSellItems" swimlane="seller">
  |        <assignment class="assignment.AssignTask" />
  |     </task>
  |       <transition to="end"></transition>
  | </task-node>

As you can see the swimlane is just a flag....inside the AssignTask class I look for buyers and sellers list....

The problem is that I cannot read the value of the Swimlane inside the assignment.AssignTask class...

public void assign(Assignable arg, ExecutionContext arg1) throws Exception {

  |        SwimlaneInstance swim = arg1.getTaskInstance().getSwimlaneInstance();  // RETURNS NULL
  |
  |       String actorId = arg1.getTaskInstance().
  |                                  getActorId(); // ALSO THIS RETURNS NULL
  |  }

Do I need to set up users/groups on the database in order to use swimlanes ? In this case the users/groups check-up has been already done by the web application, so I only need somehow to read the swimlane in the Task Assignment class....

Any help ?
Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146084#4146084

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146084